Ogden Community School District
Ground Maintenance Specifications
OCSD is interested in a Grounds Maintenance Contractor to provide a bid for a two-year period from April 18, 2018 to October 31, 2018 and April 18, 2019 to October 31, 2019 to perform ground maintenance for all the properties identified in the maps provided. This work shall be completed in a safe and timely manner meeting all applicable codes and regulations.
The Contractor shall:
- Provide the appropriate: certificate of proof of insurance, Federal W9 form, and current lawn mowing client references.
- Report to director of buildings and grounds, building principals, athletic director, or superintendent of schools to address grounds maintenance scheduling concerns.
- Perform ground maintenance starting April 18, 2018 and ending October 31, 2019.
- Perform mowing and trimming to be completed at least weekly, or when the accumulated growth reaches no more than two (2) inches since the previous mowing and trimming. The turf shall not be cut less than three (3) inches and not more than five (5) inches in height. Trimming areas shall include sidewalks, drives, parking lots, curbing, around buildings, fence lines, posts, poles, trees, etc. All clippings are to remain within the grass lawn area, not dispersed onto sidewalks, streets, track or skinned areas of athletic fields. Contractor shall remove clippings that fall onto these areas.
- Perform timely mowing and trimming for special events and holidays such as beginning of school year, prom, graduation, Ogden Fun Days, and national holidays, etc.
- Perform mowing and trimming in low impact areas: such as athletic fields, playgrounds, and associated areas, etc., as pedestrian traffic allows. (Note: If there are pedestrians present, do not mow.) Football, baseball and softball fields shall not have ruts or depressions from tire tracks. Use caution when ground is wet.
- Perform mowing and trimming in high impact areas: such as lawns within 50 yards of buildings, vehicles, staff, visitors, and students before 7:30 am or after 4:00 pm on weekdays and on weekends as facility activities allow.
- Responsible for keeping volunteer trees from growing in all areas.
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor responsible for repairing damage to all school property caused from the mowing/trimming procedure/operation. Example: filling and leveling, reseeding areas, etc. after getting mowing equipment stuck on school grounds areas.
- Perform ground maintenance for all properties identified in the four maps provided; High School, Middle School, Howe Elementary School and transportation property.
- Note: OCSD may terminate this contract by giving thirty days written notice to the Ground Maintenance Contractor.
- Return a sealed bid to the OCSD District Office, Ground Maintenance Bid, PO Box 250, 732 West Division Street, Ogden, Iowa 50212 by 3:00 pm, Friday, March 9, 2018.
- Any questions, please contact Mr. Jon Hueser, Superintendent, or Billy Olesen, Buildings & Grounds Director, at 515.275.2894.
Mowing and trimming of all school owned property, including;
- Ogden High School – 732 W. Division St., Ogden, IA 50212
- Ogden Middle School – 313 W. Sycamore St., Ogden, IA 50212
- Howe Elementary School – 307 SE 2nd St., Ogden, IA 50212
Bid = $_______________
The Ogden Community School District Board of Directors reserves the right
to reject any or all bids.